Ethos, Values, Vision & Mission
Grove Park Primary School is a special place. Its staff and children are fun, friendly and full of life, but it is also a place where serious work gets done, and our children are high achievers.
Our Ethos & Values
We believe that, as an outstanding school, we must stand out. And we feel we do. Because we are much more than our results. We have designed a rich, carefully-crafted curriculum. We have created a truly stimulating learning environment. And we are committed to a Personal Growth Model of Teaching which puts a special emphasis on supporting the development of children’s social and emotional well-being.
Trust. Respect. Empathy. Enthusiasm.
These four words summarise the approach to life and relationships which we try to foster in our children, and also in the adults who work for and with the school.
Our Vision is of a community of teachers, support staff, governors, parents and carers, all working together to enhance the children’s life chances. That means giving them not just academic knowledge and technical skills but sufficient self-knowledge and social skills to build confidence, independence and social responsibility.
We also believe that children learn best when they are taught through a contextualised curriculum -- one which places real experience at the heart of all learning.
In order to embody our Ethos, Values and realise our Vision, we aim to:
- Recruit and retain a high-quality leadership and teaching team.
- Maintain and enhance the highest standards of teaching and care.
- Provide a holistic approach to the children’s intellectual and personal development.
- Foster a culture of challenge and support, so that every child can gain confidence, achieve success and develop a love of learning.
- Further consolidate the school’s reputation as a hub of innovation and creativity.
- Continue to celebrate the richness and diversity of our school community.
- Strive to secure the health, safety and well-being of all our staff and children.
- Provide opportunities for the growth and continuing professional development of all our staff.
- Ensure that we communicate effectively with parents, carers and external stakeholders and interested parties.
- Continue to develop and further extend our commitment to inter-school collaboration and the professional development of staff in other schools.
- Seek further opportunities to invite parents and carers, businesses and other organisations into the school to enhance and enrich the school and its value to the wider community.
- Strive to make the school a centre of increasingly eco-friendly attitudes and actions