Our school council plays a vital part in the school. The children meet as a class council once a fortnight to discuss issues in school and to make suggestions for further action. The two elected school council members meet with the headteacher and Mrs Hiscocks to see what improvements can be made. Mr Hardman, our site manager, often joins the meeting too.
So far the school council have
- Arranged for a clock to be put up in the playground so children know when choir practice and football should be
- Chosen and purchased additional litter bins to keep the playground tidy
- Discussed what equipment might be bought to increase the sports opportunities in school
- Organised a competition throughout the school to choose the best posters to improve behaviour
- Contributed ideas to the lunch menu for our cook, Terri